Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring time in our Gardens!

Grace – My original green beans did not make it into the “Global Buckets” so I had to start over from seed.  In just a short time they have really taken off.   They seem to be growing an inch a day with more and more leaves being added. It will not be long before we see them flower.

Ryan – My jalapeno peppers are getting bigger & bigger and now tiny buds are forming just waiting to burst open with flowers.  Unlike the watermelons & green beans that are growing over the bucket, my plants are shooting straight up like a rocket.

Gabrielle – My cherry tomatoes have taken over the garden.  I have faithfully watered them everyday and we have watched then reach up towards the sky and now they are spilling over the sides.  Beautiful yellow flowers are sprinkled among the dark green leaves. It is getting harder to measure my plant since it is winding around my bucket.  We will be adding the trellis in the next day. 

Aaliyah – We showed grades 1 and 2 our plants. We told them whose they were and what kind had been planted. We water and measure our magnificent plants! My friend Micah’s over 40 inches long! And Gabrielle’s plants are 25 inches tall! My plants have now reached the measurement of 17 inches tall. We are so excited that we will soon be eating fresh Vegetables.  I can’t wait to see my colorful peppers appear. We water them daily and they are filled with blossoms. I hope that they will stay healthy and strong.

Micah -  My sugar baby watermelons have gotten so big. Currently they are 48 inches tall and it is getting hard to get a real good measurement since they are now climbing up the ropes of the trellis. They have lots of flowers and it looks like little baby melons are beginning to form. We care for them everyday and all the other children are excited to watch them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment